Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What's Up with Garlands?

One of my favorite things to do is to click around the blog world to see what people are up to.  I like to wander through linky parties and Pinterest, clicking here and there just seeing what's in.  Apparently it's garlands.

Here are a few garlands that I've come across recently (not necessarily recent posts though):











Now, all of these seem like fun, doable, interesting projects.  I could certainly come up with garland ideas on my own too.  But my question is, other than for a specific event or party (Christmas, Birthday, Halloween, etc), are you supposed to have these dangling in your house all the time?

Am I missing out on a key piece of decor because I'm not draping garland throughout my house year round?

I'm out of the loop for a lot of things, decor-wise.  Maybe this is just one of them.

At any rate - I love the look of a holiday garland and will plan on doing something for the next big holiday around here - Halloween!!

2 comments:

  1. I am a garland person for sure. I have some up in my living room right now. I don't think you are missing out on a key piece of decor. It just suits my style of my home. It would look goofy in my sister or mom's homes because they like more traditional styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Tara! Yeah, I think you're right. When I see them in pictures it just looks right, but I think it would definitely look odd in my house. Like I hadn't undecorated from someone's birthday.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...