Thursday, November 17, 2011

Let's try this again....Lemon & Rosemary Chicken

About a month ago I was all excited to have thought up a twist on a recipe I love - Nigella Lawson's Slow Roasted Garlic & Lemon Chicken.  I changed a few things and went for the Crock Pot instead of the oven. So after I had loaded everything up and headed out for the next few hours to class, I got a text message from Jason when I got there (~25 minutes into cooking) saying that the power went out (wah wah wah).  And why wouldn't the power go out on a sunny October afternoon?  Yeah, still don't know why that happened.

Sadly, we couldn't salvage the food...it had started cooking but not gotten hot enough to cook through and then sat cooling to room temp for about an hour and a half before the power came back on.  Jason left it in the crock and it finally cooked through when the power came back, but I was too nervous to eat it so out it went (it smelled AMAZING) though.

Tonight we tried again...

Lemon & Rosemary Chicken

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used the cubes of chicken stock that I made back here
  • splash of dry vermouth or white wine
  • coarse salt (kosher or sea salt work well)
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled
  • 1 lemon cut into slices
  • fresh rosemary

Load up the Crock Pot: Chicken on the bottom, salt & pepper, chicken broth, wine, then garlic, lemon and rosemary on top.



Fire up the CP on high and walk away...This should cook in about 3 hours, but times vary depending on your slow cooker, whether your chicken or broth was frozen, etc.


Sarah said the chicken was awesome.  Chris ate it pretty well too.  It'll make good leftovers for sandwiches, cut up on a salad, etc.  Easy and good, I'll make it again.

Along with this we had Roasted Parmesan Green Beans from Skinnytaste.  Oh my.  They were DELICIOUS!

Now to think up another Crock Pot recipe to try...




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...