Thursday, November 3, 2011

Downhill to the Holidays

Well that was fun!  I guess it's time to box up all the spooky fun decorations.  Taking stuff down isn't as much fun as putting it up



With Halloween behind us, I feel the urge to refocus myself toward the next big thing:  Christmas.  I know all you Turkey Day fans out there are moaning about how your favorite day is overlooked and under-appreciated with Christmas always nipping at its heels, but for me Christmas is just much bigger and there are a few reasons why:

First, I don't decorate for Thanksgiving.  I have no ceramic turkeys, no Pilgrim salt & pepper shakers, no wicker cornucopia overflowing with gourds and Indian corn.  After Halloween, we switch back to "regular old house" before hauling out the holly in late November.

Second, we're rarely here for T-day.  Since Jason's family is from Massachusetts we're often on the road heading north for Thanksgiving weekend.  In years where we don't head north, sometimes we head south to my Aunt G's house in Maryland.  I think in all the years we've been married, we've had a Pennsylvania Thanksgiving just twice.

Third, I LOVE CHRISTMAS.  I love the decorations, the lights, the movies, the songs, THE FOOD!!!   Now I love a good turkey dinner (mmmm stuffing and pie!), but Christmas just has it all...for a solid month.  I can hear the buttons straining on my pants already.  And who doesn't love PRESENTS?  I love that feeling when you've found the perfect thing for someone you love.  Last year I was so inspired by the gift we got for my parents that I actually wrote a poem.

So here are a few Christmas goals:
  • Have a clean house from 12/1 - 12/25!
  • Christmas in EVERY room
  • Christmas movies on Friday nights (and maybe Saturdays too!)
  • Don't gain 10 pounds
  • Maybe a few updates/upgrades/etc. before Santa arrives!
Well, that's it :)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...