Thursday, September 6, 2012

CL Sideboard

I was feeling depressed about my dining room furniture recently.  It's lame, I know.  I don't love it.  It's the furniture I grew up with, but it's not my style.  I've been looking off and on for a while for a sideboard on Craigslist and at thrift shops.  I want something to paint and make my own.

Then on a Thursday about 2 weeks ago, I found it!  Slightly less wide than what we had at 48" and a little less deep at 18" this buffet has 3 shallow drawers and cabinets beneath (2 cabinets).  The list price was just $100 and the location was about 25 minutes from our house.  After a quick discussion with Jason (with me basically saying "I'm going to buy this, ok?") I emailed the seller and we agreed on a pickup time.

I ended up taking my brother with me for the pickup.  We took all the rear seats out of the van to make room for the furniture, so Jason stayed home with the kids.

The pickup went very smoothly, it fit into the van without much difficulty and away we went!

The tricky part of this whole thing was getting it in place in the dining room.  Of course moving a new piece of furniture in requires removing the old one.  And the old one was full of stuff (and piled high with more stuff).  Actually when pulling the drawers out of the old one, I found coupons for Ikea that expired in the Fall of 1986.  I ended up just unloading everything onto the dining table and then putting away/purging when we had the buffet in place.


What do you think?  I don't love the color and it's a little beat up, so I think it's a great painting project!  This will be an October project, so it'll just hang out until then.


What we had before was fine (not the style I liked and I wasn't really free to paint it), but I really wanted needed something with more storage and this fit the bill.  The size was a bit of a bonus - while I love large furniture, the slightly smaller dimensions of this piece allow for a little more walking around space.







So there it is - the much awaited Craigslist side board/buffet.

Have you made any great CL purchases lately? Any sales??

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE Craigslist...have gotten so many things from there! Have you checked their 'free' section? I've gotten some amazing pieces! This buffet is gorgeous!! Great find:)
    Wanted to stop by and thank you so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hope to see you again next Tuesday! Have a great week!
    XO, Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...