Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Trick or treating is the culminating event in the Halloween season.  Pumpkins have been carved, costumes purchased or made, candy bought and ready to hand out.

Jason came home a little early from work so that we could get the kids ready and out on the town for fun and excitement.  And while he fed the kids their grilled cheese, I finished cleaning up the house a bit.

Sarah looked awesome in her Rapunzel costume.  She agreed to wear both the wig (which she hated due to its itchiness) and tiara (which is sized more for an adult and falls off easily).

 

Chris was comfier and probably warmer in the dino suit.  He loved being dressed up, crouching and growling at all the kids.  He also liked having his hands in the "claw" mittens that were attached to the costume.  Not bad for a $5 consignment sale find!


So here's how the Trick or Treating (ToT) went down....we met up with all the neighbor kids a few houses away and we left candy out on the porch for kids while we were gone.  I intended to bring Chris to just a few houses and then bring him home to help me hand out candy to the ToTers.  I was on my way back when I realized that Jason had the house keys, so I turned and had to jog back to catch up with him.  I finally caught up with him when Sarah's hair and tiara were falling off.  She ran off, I ran after her (leaving Chris with Jason) only for me to trip in someone's yard and I fell to the ground in spectacular fashion.  Turns out Sarah didn't want her tiara anymore, so I went back, grabbed Chris and carried him home.  Dinosaurs are heavy.

All in all, the kids had a GREAT time.  Sarah got more candy than she'll eat in a year (some will disappear I'm sure).  Chris seemed to enjoy the few treats he sampled.



  Happy Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...