Saturday, October 15, 2011

Paper Candle Wraps

I'm a crafty-ish person and willing to try all kinds of cool things, but I'm not usually the idea person.  I scour the internet for creative and easy (cheap) things to do to make my house pretty, fun, holiday themed, etc.  But today I actually thought something up and it turned out so cute!

I few days ago I had bought some black cardstock to make paper bats for the living room.  I just sat looking at it when it occurred to me what else I could do with it!  

On my console table below our tv, I have these mercury glass pillar candle holders with each holding a 6" tall vanilla scented pillar.  Not very Halloweene-y.  But using a silver sharpie (these things are amazing and I highly recommend you keep some around for various projects) and some of that black cardstock, I was able to fashion the candles into something a little more spooky.


Using the sharpie I drew spider webs (and one dangly spider) along the long edges one piece of cardstock.  The spider webs only went about 3" up on each side.



After that, I cut the paper so that there was a nice zig-zaggy edge.  



Then I wrapped it around the pillar and taped it in place.  Plunk it back on the candle holder (with the seam at the back) and  TADA!!!














**disclaimer** 
This craft is ONLY for candles that are decorative or flameless.  Do not burn candles wrapped in paper

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...