Saturday, December 8, 2012

Snowflake Ornament - Christmas Craft

Woot woot!  I got to do something crafty again!  After quite a long time where I was busy with school stuff, I finally got to shift gears this week back to some holiday related stuff and, of course, crafts!
I signed up for an ornament exchange about a month ago, and I'm super excited to have finished this up and pack it up for mailing!  By the time the post is up, the ornament will be in the mail on it's way to it's recipient!  And I figured, if I'm making one to send, why don't I make another one for here?  
Materials
  • Wood snowflakes - various sizes 
  • White paint (already had this)
  • Wire 
  • Beads
  • Glitter
  • Sequins (optional - I had some snowflake ones)
  • Glue/ModPodge
  • Drill with a tiny drill bit
  • Paintbrush
  • Needle-nose pliers

So here's how I did it!  
  • Paint the snowflakes on all sides & the edges, letting it dry after each side
  • Mod Podge both sides and add glitter, letting it dry after each side

  • Drill holes in the center of each shape, and one at the tip of a point on the big guy

  • String one bead on to a length of wire and twist it so that it's secure - this is the stopper!

  • String up the whole ornament in this order:
sequin
small snowflake
bead
medium snowflake
bead
big snowflake
bead
medium snowflake
bead
small snowflake
sequin

  • At this point you're ready to finish it, so string on the last bead, and keeping the wire as tight as possible, wrap it around the bead like you did for the first one and secure it

  • Cut off excess wire
  • Use another length of wire (and beads if you want) to create a loop for hanging, and you're done!



Ready for the tree!



Featured


Linked Up
  

signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi there!!! I am Hanna and I found you through the blog hop!! I love making new friends and your blog is lovely. I am your newest follower:) Happy Holidays! You can find me over at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    xooxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I was just browsing thru the blog hop and found your blog, it's just lovely! Please hop over and follow back if you'd like!
    Thx,
    Jamie
    www.thingsinyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable ornament-I'm your newest follower and I'm featuring it on my Saturday Holiday favorites-Have a great weekend-Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Claire and for the feature :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...