Sunday, October 21, 2012

Please Stand By...

Last Friday afternoon I was sitting here and minding my own business when Chris-the-Destroyer peered around the screen of the laptop and smiled.  Then he proceeded to spit a full mouthful of juice straight into the keyboard.

OMG!!!!!

Honestly I was at a loss.  So he spent the next 15 minutes in time out.  He didn't like it, but I don't really think he understands that it was a big deal.  

I turned the computer off and left it keyboard down on a towel to dry out.  Jason popped off a bunch of keys to clean it and was able to hook up an external drive to back up all the photos & important stuff.  

Every time the computer was turned on it did all kinds of weird beeping or scrolling but that seems to have stopped.  And for a while half the keys didn't work but things seem to be improving and I have high hopes of this thing being fully functional sooner or later.  We did spend a few days talking over a plan to look for something new!   I'm not sure what the precise timeline will be, but I think soon I'll be blogging from a shiny new laptop.

So that's all, really.  Just wanted to pop on and say hi and explain where I've been.   I hope to have some "real" stuff for you all this week.

Parenting PSA - beware smiling toddlers with sippy cups

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...