Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ho Hum Weekend

Sometimes I hate weekends.  Well, hate is quite the strong word, but I don't find them to be as fun and exciting as maybe I used to.  Perhaps this is part of SAHM-dom.  Saturday rolls around, and while it's great to have everyone around, it feels like we need to DO something awesome.  Or productive.  And if we haven't planned anything (could be hair cuts, trip to Home Depot, or yard work) then we end up doing nothing.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love doing nothing.  It's what I do best, actually.   The problem is the aftermath of doing nothing leaves me antsy and disappointed in myself.  I come up with a loooooong list of "should have dones" and it's amazing what I think I could have done instead of what I did do.  So here's what's usually on the list:


        • Yard work
        • Mod Podge
        • Laundry
        • Find the crevice tool for the vacuum
        • Paint the living room
        • Clean my bedroom
        • Clean the bathrooms
        • Clean the kitchen
        • Fix the toilet seat
        • Take a walk
        • Go jogging
        • Give the dog a bath
        • Declutter everything
        • Purge toys
        • Write
        • Meal plan
        • Other stuff...

It's quite a list, eh?  It may be too late for this weekend, but I think what I need to do is sit down on THURSDAY and make a plan for the weekend.  If we don't have any concrete plans (parties, holidays, movies we MUST SEE), then maybe I should choose 2 from the list and just get them done.  I'd probably feel better.  I know my house would look better if I tackled the cleaning or the decluttering (ok, i still might try to chip away at those this weekend).  


Do you ever feel disappointed in yourself about what you didn't do on the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...