Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Countdown to D-Day

We've got an exciting weekend planned and sometime on Sunday I'll be posting all about it.  A full-recap of the road-trip to the secret destination out in the middle of nowhere.  Plus lots of adorable floppy-eared photos.  The best part of D-Day is that it's a secret.  Sarah knows we're going somewhere but she doesn't know where or why.  She's made a few guesses, but she now knows that we're not going bowling, ice skating, to a gymnastics place or to Dairy Queen.

In preparation for Saturday's jaunt, I took the little guy out this morning to a big-box pet store to pick up a few necessities (he's good at keeping secrets):

  • leash and collar
  • tie-out stake and line
  • training treats
  • Nylabone
  • bag of puppy food
  • a jug of Nature's Miracle

I have this stuff hidden away in our basement so it'll still be a big surprise, but I'm sure you all can tell that we're getting a PUPPY!  A roly-poly fuzzy little beagle and I couldn't be more excited.  I'm a little nervous about becoming a pet owner, but I think our little pooch will be a great addition to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...