Monday, January 23, 2012

The Next Picasso? No doubt!

Today is a gray and rainy day.  With the snowfall two days ago and the rising temperatures, there is a fog that's sweeping through the neighborhood.  It's the perfect inside day and the perfect day to try something new.

I picked up some big fat crayons and a pad of newsprint at CVS ($0.00 thx to my Extra Bucks!!).  And plopped them down in front of Chris so he could go to town while I made his daily PBJ for lunch.  Oh my, what fun he had!

A blank page = endless possibilities!


I love the way his beefy little hand looks holding a crayon.


I remember doing this with Sarah when she was about fifteen months old.  Being a little younger, she wasn't quite sure what to do.  She gnawed on the crayons as if they were carrot sticks.  It made me glad that Crayolas are non-toxic, but I thought maybe they should make them a good source of vitamins and minerals.

Chris had so much fun that he immediately asked to color again right after he finished the sandwich.

His first ever picture is in a place of honor (on the fridge).


OK, I drew Elmo, but the rest is all Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...