Thursday, January 12, 2012

Catching Fairies

There's something fantastic about being 5 years-old and today Sarah reminded me of that.

Today was a drizzly, gray day and I had decided just to hang out and stay inside.  I did some house cleaning and some relaxing and some laundry.  Sarah decided that it had been a while since she played outside so she donned a light jacket and went exploring around the yard.

She came running in the front door with a blade of grass and declared that FAIRIES ARE REAL!!  "Just look at the water drops, the water fairies put them there!!" and she ran back outside to do some more stuff. About ten minutes later she came in and said "I made a trap for fairies in the mailbox," and she showed me the stuff she had stuck in there in the hopes that some fairies would be tempted to go in.  Then she asked for her fairy wings (from her Halloween costume 2 years ago). Wearing the wings, she flitted around the yard and sang so that Tinkerbell and her friends would know it was safe to come out.

My silly daughter honest to goodness believes in fairies.  I can't remember when I had that kind of belief in something I had never seen.  She also believes in unicorns, superheroes, elves, and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  I hope she does for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...