Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions

For the past few years, I've taken the time to actually do a little post abpit my resolutions.  Last year's were quite traditional:  lose weight (fail), get more sleep (fail), take on a big house project (SUCCESS!) and build blog readership (hard to say....).  And this year, I wasn't all jazzed up to set out any more big resolutions.  But today I read a little something and I changed my mind.  I do have one.


STOP PROCRASTINATING!


I really think this is a good one to focus on.  I read a little thing online today that really hit home.  While procrastination may be a "victimless crime" (nobody is going to starve or be forced to wear dirty undies on my watch), it does impact overall happiness.  


Think about it this way.  I like to watch tv.  But which is more satisfying - watching an hour of TV with piles of laundry around waiting to be washed/folded?  or watching an hour of TV in a clean and uncluttered space because all that laundry is DONE and put away?


I find myself taking my leisure whenever I want rather than taking it after I earn it.  This leaves some tasks un-done (or done after midnight, pushing bedtime out later...hence the fail at my "get more sleep" resolution from last year).


So that's it.  End Procrastination.  I start tomorrow.


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...